Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!!!

We had Christmas day brunch with my dad, Dyah and my setengah brothers.

Janet and 3 year old Peyton.


The brunch at the Darmawangsa was fancy. Really fancy.  Ridiculousness fancy.  So fancy that I had caviar left on my plate and no bellini,  so I left it.  I left the caviar so I could get new caviar.  If that doesn't make me a big shot rapper, I don't know what does.

 

It's raspberry jello but he has an oscar in his future for pretending to be drunk.



We haven't mentioned the part about our luggage being ...um... non-available.  That's how I ended up in this appropriately festive shirt.

With Eric (age 7)...Sorry, 7 and 1/2 I was just informed (by Eric).



Dad and Dyah.

The buffet is so big you need a map.  I honestly walked around 3 times before I got out of the "Jakarta room."  Then I walked around 38 more times.  The more you walk, the more you can eat.  It's all about the consumption to cost ratio and maximizing consumption!!!!!!


 Oysters, Pate, Shrimp, Lobster, Crab and Salmon.
I stopped at 11 oysters since I'm allergic.  If I only do 5 at a time I get an itchy face and my throat starts to tighten.  So after 5, I had to space my oysters apart so that I could survive and keep eating the rest of the plethora of scrumptious food.


Prawns, scallops, clams, baby lobster and crab.


Wagu beef wrapped asparagus.
 Fois Gras.

Wheel 'o' parmigiana.


The library that we want in our home.


They will grind and brew coffee to order.

Sushi.  One of my favorite things in the world.  To common-place for this buffet.  I had none of it!

Pate


This fish just likes to chill and watch you.  Get it?  Chill.  He is on a huge block of ice!


Sometimes you want oysters.  Then you want prawns and baby lobster.  Then you think... fois gras would really put a bow on this whole plate.  So you do it!!!


Champagne or wine?  Sure, I'll have it all.


Eventually they ate all the deserts.  Really, all. Then promptly fell into a sugar coma afterwards.  First, they had to play Nintendo DS while they digested the chocolate fondue covered marshmallows.  All 14 of the mallows.



Ahhh. I've had enough lobster and fois gras.  I'll settle for lamb and oysters if that's the only darn thing available! 




Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment