Sunday, September 9, 2012

Catching Up

We have been negligent of our photo taking and a picture is worth a few words.
I spent last weekend with the Fattboyz and my pop down in Ho Chi Minh City, or as the locals still call it, Saigon.  It was fun, Fattboyz ended up with 19 rather than 12 guys so I didn't play with them.  Singapore's River Rats, who I remember playing against in high school showed up with only 10 guys, so I was picked up as a free agent.  Our Hanoi league starts soon and I was happy to play ball for one weekend to warm up.

Here in Hanoi:

We discovered the reason why everyone is skinny.  The white spoon is the one that comes with the bucket of ice cream.  The silver spoon is ours. Portion control seems to be the answer.

I'll continue to brag about our view.  I really really really miss the Oregon lakes with crystal clear, ice cold water.  You could see the bottom even if it was 40 feet down.  This is our lake on a rainy day.  It's great to look at but we don't know why people swim in it.
Also, rain like this... rain that comes down so hard you think that it must be a typhoon... is normal.


People walk down those steps and swim every morning.


That is a fishing reel.... stick and can=fish.


Those towers are the community that our school is in.  It is a beautiful sight across the lake.







I don't know if the pictures fully express how nice it is to have a bit of rain.  Imagine all of these lake views obscured by men with fishing poles/cans.  Even with the fishermen, we have a great place.

We still need to get to work, rain or shine... Friday it rained so hard that we had no power for most of the day (hotter than Hades) and we spent most breaks inside entertaining kids who want AC and soccer.
... But we had to get to school.
So we dressed like this:



Janet's bag/jacket barely covered her.  It covered a full grown Viet man... it went to my quads.

I went to the store and bought this.
The hatchet is a great tool but I wonder about the local knife laws... the other two instruments are a hazard.


The mouth from alien:










It's job is to peel vegetables. This is an aggressive peeler. That is the past couple weeks in pictures!
-Jeff





No comments:

Post a Comment